Front Yard Landscaping with Potted Plants
At Jovak Landscape and Design, we know that not everyone has the time or space to become a master gardener. That is why, if you have a limited space to work with, front yard landscaping with potted plants can be a great way to add colour and curb appeal to any home. Here are some simple tips to help you get started on planting the perfect potted plants for your landscaping design.
Creating Symmetry Between Potted Plants
Potted plants are incredibly versatile, and can be used in a wide variety of instances, including to highlight or offset major garden features such as a gazebo. This type of gardening can create a formal, organized look, especially when you utilize repeat planting. Repeat planting is planting the same plants in many different containers, as a way of propelling the eye in a certain direction. If you do not have a large enough space to use multiple planters, you can place one planter next to certain masonry pieces or front yard landscaping decorations that complement the colour of flowers you have chosen.
Utilizing the Different Types of Planters
A big part of being able to properly utilize potted plants in your front yard landscaping is choosing the right planter for your specific needs. Some of the different types of planters that you can choose from include:
- Traditional freestanding containers – these porch-step containers are perfect for grouping in tight spaces, and can help to create a homey, mini-garden vibe. When placed side by side, these planters can help intensify the colours of your flowers and plants.
- Traditional hanging containers – woven wicker hanging baskets are a natural way to decorate a bare wall in an outdoor space, and will look just as beautiful whether you set it against brick, timber, or concrete.
- Modern freestanding containers – a planter in a faux-lead finish is a timeless choice, but using a tall planter with a cylindrical shape can add a distinctly modern and clean, geometric feel. This type of styling can work well in any front yard landscaping because it focuses on familiar forms.
- Modern hanging containers – hanging containers are a simple way to bring gardens to limited spaces, or to add beauty to your space in a simple yet unexpected way.
- Rustic containers – using a sturdy galvanized-metal washtub as a planter can create a great way to frame the natural beauty of vibrant plants. The most important key in planting a rustic planter is to make sure that you do not overplant the container.
If you would like to learn more about front yard landscaping with potted plants, or if you are interested in one of our landscaping services, please contact Jovak Landscape and Design at 604-866-7186 or by filling out a contact form on our website. You can also stay up to date with the latest landscaping news by following us on Facebook.